Are you curious about the WW PersonalPoints Plan assessment and how the new plan works? I have taken the assessment and have all the information so you know what to expect and are prepared to dive right into the new Weight Watchers program!
WHAT IS WW PERSONALPOINTS PLAN?
WW has just launched a brand new plan that starts November 8, 2021 in the US. The plan is now called the PersonalPoints Program and it is probably the biggest change ever to come from Weight Watchers.
The main difference in this new WW program is that it is truly PERSONALIZED for each member. Every member will have a personalized plan, specific zero points food list and daily/weekly points just for them.
There are no SET plans now. The green, blue and purple plans are GONE.
To get your personalized plan you will take the WW PersonalPoints Plan Assessment. This assessment is what allows them to personalize a plan that will work for you and for your food likes and dislikes.
WW PERSONALPOINTS PLAN ASSESSMENT
The starting place for the new Weight Watchers plan is taking the assessment. If you are already a member of WW you will have an email in your inbox about the new plan and it will prompt you to take the WW PersonalPoints Plan assessment.
Those of you who are not currently members of WW will need to sign up and will take the assessment after you join.
The PersonalPoints program assessment doesn't take very long at all. A few minutes and your personalized plan will be created and available for you!
WW PERSONALPOINTS PLAN ASSESSMENT QUESTIONS
I will share the questions I was asked when I took the WW PersonalPoints plan assessment. I cannot guarantee that everyone will get the same questions…but this is what I was asked. At the end of each question, I will tell you how I answered.
- The first question asked if I was living with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes. I do not have diabetes. My assumption is that if you answer YES to this question…then your questions on the assessment may differ from what I was asked below.
- How often do you enjoy eating vegetables? FYI: most days means more than half the week. Answer options are: rarely, never, some days, most days. I answered some days.
- How often do you enjoy eating fruit. Answer options are: never, rarely, some days, most days. I answered some days.
- We want to make sure your budget has plenty of room for your favorites, so answer honestly. This is a no-judgement zone. Which of these do you enjoy eating most days? Select all that apply: Full-fat dairy (milk, cream, cheese, yogurt), Beef, pork, lamb, Salty Snacks, Sweet Snacks, Refined Grains (bread, crackers, cereals), Fast food (pizza, burgers, French fries, sandwiches), Alcoholic Beverages (I answered dairy, beef, salty snacks, sweet snacks, refined grains)
- Now let's take a look at some protein-rich foods. Which of these do you like to eat most days? Answer options are: Eggs, Non-fat yogurt & cottage cheese (plain, unsweetened), Fish & Shellfish, Chicken & Turkey breast (skinless), Beans peas, lentils, Tofuh & Tempah. You can select up to 3 of these. (I picked eggs, chicken/turkey and beans, peas, lentils)
- Last question about food. Which of these do you enjoy eating most days? Answer options are: Potatoes & Sweet Potatoes, Oatmeal, Whole wheat pasta, Brown rice & quinoa, Avocado, Corn & popcorn (plain, air-popped). You can only select 1 of these options. (I answered potatoes/sweet potatoes)
- Now let's talk about activity. At WW, all movement counts, including activity in disguise, like walking the dog, cleaning the house, or swimming with your kids. With PersonalPoints, you'll EARN points by moving more.
- Let's figure out how active you are now. Your activity level on Saturday is probably different than it is on Tuesday, so we'll focus on weekday first. On average how many steps do you take each day Mon-Fri. Answer options are: 10K+ steps/day, 9K-9,999K steps/day, 8K-8,999K steps/day, 7K-7,999K steps/day, 6K-6,999K steps/day, 5K-5,999K steps/day, 4K-4,999K steps/day, 3K-3,999K steps/day, Don't know or less than 3K steps/day. (I answered 5K-5,999K)
- Moving on to Saturday and Sunday. On average, how many steps do you take each day over the weekend. Answer options are the same as above. (I answered 7K-7,999K)
- That was it for me…after that last question I clicked submit and they calculated my plan.
MY PERSONALIZED PERSONALPOINTS PLAN
I gave you my answers to the WW assessment. Now I will tell you how my plan will be and what my free foods are now.
- I have 21 daily points and 28 weekly points.
- My zero points foods are: eggs, fruits, legume, potato, poultry and vegetables.
- I can earn 1 point for each 1 cup of non-starchy vegetables I eat. This is unlimited so I can earn more than 1 point per day if I eat a lot of veggies. These bonus points are for daily points allowance.
- I can earn 1 point per day (total) for drinking 60 ounces of water. This is for the daily points allowance.
- Moving more can earn me more points for my weekly points. I am not sure yet how much activity it will take to earn more points.
- My daily activity target is 7.1K steps per day or 49.5K steps in a week.
Remember that all the recipes you have already saved in your WW account will automatically update with points based on your new program. Don't forget you can find some AMAZING WW friendly recipes HERE.
ARE YOU JUMPING INTO THE PERSONALPOINTS PROGRAM?
Now that you know more about the WW PeronsalPoints program, are you planning to jump in with both feet??
I would love to hear what your daily/weekly points allowance is and what zero point foods are on YOUR list!
Don't forget that connecting with other WW members is a great way to keep you on target. JOIN my wonderful and caring Facebook Group that is private and JUST for people following the WW way of life!
Be sure to sign up for my email list….there is a sign up box a little bit higher in this article. You will get WW related emails to your inbox with all sorts of great information!
I would really APPRECIATE if you SHARED this article with your WW friends…on Facebook or Pinterest!
- Ultimate Summer Camp Packing List for Kids (Free) - June 5, 2023
- Free Printable Worm Coloring Page - May 31, 2023
- Cricut Fathers Day Ideas Dad Will Love - May 29, 2023
This is great! Thank you! I think I’ll join after the holidays (yeah,I’m one of those dieters:).
How are you and other WW recipe sites going to calculate WW points on the recipes now? Everyone’s point will be different based on personal preferences.
I was on purple plan – now I get 19 daily points rather than 16 but many of the meals I eat have gone up in points so not sure how I am going to like this! I usually only eat 2 meals a day (late breakfast then dinner) and snack on popcorn – I was allowed to choose 2 starchy foods I chose potatoes & whole wheat pasta. I noticed the Skinny Pop popcorn dropped a point from purple plan.
There is a work around and I am working to get all the recipes done in the next few weeks. Stay tuned!!