A new year is fast approaching and that means some BIG WW changes for 2022. The new plan is called the WW PersonalPoints Plan. This Weight Watchers plan starts November 8, 2021, and it is time to find out all the details! Keep reading!
WHAT IS THE WW PERSONALPOINTS PLAN?
The big change for WW is HUGE and is a whole new plan called PersonalPoints. The plan has already been launched in New Zealand and Australia.
The United States and Canada start the new program on the app and at in-person meetings on November 8, 2021.
This new PersonalPoints Plan is supposed to make weight loss easier and more delicious. 🙂
The main takeaway is that this new plan is TOTALLY PERSONALIZED FOR YOU. Each WW member will take an assessment and it is important to be very honest with your answers.
The assessment gives the information needed so a plan can be created for YOU and YOUR NEEDS.
You will be following a CUSTOMIZED food plan….that is only for you. Gone are the one size fits all food plans for WW.
HOW DOES THE ASSESSMENT WORK?
The assessment is the tool that is used to build each member's custom food plan. You will be asked many questions!
Here are some types of questions you may see on the assessment:
- What types of fruits and vegetables do you eat and how often.
- Exercise questions….types of exercise you do, how often, do you track it? What kind of tracking device do you use?
- You may be asked to choose your favorite food from a specific food group. For example, what is your favorite starch from a specific list of starches.
- Are sweets regularly eaten?
- There will probably be questions about alcohol consumption since we know it can be very high in points and calories.
MORE DETAILS ABOUT THE PERSONALPOINTS PLAN
New members will take the assessment when they join WW. Current members will be given access to the assessment when the program launches. Be sure that the app on your phone is up to date!
After you take the assessment you will be given a customized plan. The plan will include information like this (based on what we know so far!):
- A personalized list of zero points food will be given to you. This is based on your assessment and will be different from other members.
- You will have a set amount of daily points and weekly points.
- There will be a daily activity target for you.
- You can earn more points….by eating vegetables, drinking water, taking steps and doing exercise. Be sure to track that water intake and those veggies!!
- There are some big changes in how many points different foods are…they have taken into account that some higher fat “real foods” shouldn't be so high in points. These foods are healthy, but have been hard to eat due to high point values. For instance, avocados, almonds, etc may have lower point values because they have high nutritional value to our bodies.
- The customized plan takes into account our age, current weight and our goal weight.
- If you are a current member, all the recipes in your account will automatically be updated with the new points value based on your customized plan. Remember, that if you didn't put “free” ingredients into a recipe, the points value may not be accurate.
ARE THE WW CHANGES FOR 2022 A GOOD THING?
WW believes this plan is going to change many lives. They are very excited about these huge WW changes for 2022! Here are some reasons the WW PersonalPoints Plan may be the catalyst you needed for greater success:
- This is a much more tailored plan. WW+ was good in that we could choose from 3 different plans…but PersonalPoints is much more specific and custom for each member.
- It creates a plan that works with YOUR LIKES and YOUR LIFESTYLE. They take the information we give them and use it to make a plan that allows us to eat foods we actually like! 🙂
- There is a lot of science going into this new WW program. WW says they are using the very latest scientific nutritional information to help us eat foods that are high in fiber, healthy fat and protein.
- We will get rewarded WITH POINTS for healthy habits. Eating veggies (non-starchy), staying active and drinking water will allow us that extra snack we may need for the day!
HEALTHY HABITS ARE A BIG FOCUS
WW has really taken into account the importance of establishing healthy habits. I have loved the focus on overall wellness that the company has been taking the past several years. This focus continues and goes even further with the new WW changes for 2022.
In addition to being able to earn points for tracking healthy choices….WW is also focusing on how our mindset about health and weight loss matters. The app offers 5-minute coaching audios to help with mindset and behavior change techniques. There is also mindfulness meditations available.
Sleep is another area that the program focuses on. More and more science is available that tells us sleep deprivation can hurt us in many ways…and cause weight gain! WW wants us to get more rest at night!
The app has a sleep tracker, calming bedtime stories, relaxing meditations, and even sleep sounds!
COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT THE WW CHANGES FOR 2022
Anytime a new WW plan is introduced there are bound to be a lot of questions. Here are some common questions about the WW changes for 2022 and the new PersonalPoints Plan. As more information comes out…I will try to update this section!
- Are any foods totally off-limits? The answer is no…one of the things I have always loved about WW is that no food is off-limits. Unlike some eating plans…where you cannot have a carb…on WW you can eat it…just track it!
- Am I counting calories on WW? The answer is no…you are not counting calories. PersonalPoints Plan has a points system that takes into account calores and nutritional information to assign points to foods. Each person has a daily points allowance and a weekly points allowance.
- Can a vegan or vegetarian do WW? The answer is YES…there are tons of options available for vegans and vegetarians.
USE THE WW APP FOR THE BEST RESULTS
To get the most out of the new WW changes for 2022 it is imperative that you use the app! Tracking is a big part of the WW program….and has been from the beginning.
If you don't track you won't be able to earn any extra points.
The app has so many features that can assist you in your weight loss and health goals. Here are some of the things the app offers:
- Customized Food Plan including a custom zero points food list for you
- PersonalPoints Budget
- Food and Water Trackers
- Barcode Scanner for easy tracking and easy shopping
- Meal Plans
- Restaurant Database
- On-Demand Workouts
- Fitness Tracker Syncing
- WWConnect which is a social platform so you can connect with other members.
- Information about meetings…virtual or in-person.
- WW Coaches can be chatted with 24/7
- Progress Report
If you aren't a member of WW I think it is worth it!!
STAY CONNECTED FOR SUCCESS
Being connected to other people is a big key to success for anything in life, but especially when you are trying to lose weight.
There are some easy ways to connect with other people who are striving for similar goals.
If you attend in-person meetings you have the benefit of your weekly group! Some people are doing virtual meetings and this is also a great place to connect.
The WWConnect allows you to connect to other members all over the country!
Another place to connect is via a WW-specific Facebook group! You can join my WW Facebook group for a place to connect. I work hard to keep the group POSITIVE and a safe place to share our journey with other like-minded people.
MORE WW INSPIRATION
I have lots of wonderful WW recipes to help you keep healthy and delicious meals on the table.
You can also check out my SHOP where I have some WW cookbooks, a planner, and even a Start off Right kit!
Be sure to sign up for my email list to get tips and freebies right to your email! Sign up below:
I would really APPRECIATE if you SHARED this article with your WW friends!