Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Bites are a delightful finger food that will make every guest smile. These easy appetizers look amazing on a platter too. This is also a great Weight Watchers recipe.
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Bites
Hummus is a really popular and healthy snack. It is also super versatile and can be served a lot of ways. This roasted red pepper hummus bites recipe is SO quick to put together and is packed full of nutrients.
The great thing is that they taste so good….people will forget they have veggies and all that protein inside.
How to Make Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Bites
- Start off by chopping the cucumbers, roasted red bell pepper strips and parsley into small pieces. You can buy jars of roasted red pepper strips ready to go in the jarred veggie section.
- Now fill each phyllo shell with the hummus. I like to fill them about 2/3 of the way.
- Place a small amount of the diced veggies on top and then sprinkle with a little bit of feta cheese.
- The hummus can make the phyllo shells soft if they sit too long. It is best to not prepare these very far in advance. 🙂
How to Make Your Own Roasted Red Peppers
The roasted flavor really enhances veggies and I particularly like the tasted of a roasted red pepper. The convenience of buying these already roasted and ready to use is awesome. You know I love kitchen shortcuts!
There are times of the year when peppers are abundant. It is really simple to make your own roasted red peppers.
You can read a great tutorial HERE on how to make a roasted red pepper.
Weight Watchers Freestyle SmartPoints
If you are following the WW program this recipe is 2 Freestyle SmartPoints for each phyllo cup. This is based on using Athens Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. You may be able to find a lower point hummus and it could adjust the points down some!
Be sure to check out these other great appetizer recipes:
Roasted red pepper hummus bites are an easy appetizer and delicious too.
- 15 Mini Phyllo Shells
- 1 cup Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 1/3 cup Roasted Bell Pepper Strips
- 2 Mini English Cucumbers leave peels on
- 1/3 cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- fresh Parsley
Chop the cucumbers, roasted bell pepper strips, and parsley into small diced pieces.
Fill each phyllo cup about two-thirds full of the hummus.
Place a few pieces of cucumber, red pepper and parsley on the top of the hummus.
Sprinkle with a little bit of feta cheese.
The longer the phyllo cups sit the softer they become so don’t make too far in advance from serving.
If you are following Weight Watchers this recipe is 2 points for each fillo cup.