I have yet to meet a child that doesn't like pizza. I know all of my kids love it! And I'll admit, my husband and I do as well. But finding a way to incorporate pizza into the healthy lifestyle I try to maintain, can be a bit difficult. That's why I try to make alternatives to pizza, that still remind my family of actual pizza. These delicious tortilla pizza pinwheels are a huge hit with my family! They don't even complain about not having pizza when I make these!
Tortilla Pizza Pinwheels
This super simple recipe is easily one of the best snacks to make. The ingredient list is limited and there's not much to making them. All you need is a little patience while the rolls chill for an hour. You can't really go wrong with these tortilla pizza pinwheels. You can substitute ingredients or leave some out depending on you and your families preference, to create what you like best!
How to Make Tortilla Pizza Pinwheels
- Using a small bowl, combine together the cream cheese and pizza sauce. If you have let the cream cheese softened it will make this a lot easier. You can use a mixer or just work them together by hand.
- Lay out your 8 tortillas, and apply a layer of sauce on each one. I try to spread a thin layer almost to the edges of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle on your desired amount of cheese (in my families case, pour on the cheese, lol).
- Sprinkle on some parsley your families liking.
- Add the sliced pepperoni to each tortilla. This is the point you can add other toppings too! Some great choices are browned sausage crumbles or even chopped mushrooms.
- Roll the tortilla up as tightly as you can, making sure it doesn't break. I like to wrap my tightly rolled pinwheel log in plastic wrap to keep it held together well.
- Chill in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Take them out, cut into slices with a sharp knife and serve up with extra pizza sauce to dip each pinwheel in!
What is your favorite pizza-like recipe to make?
I would love to hear your ideas on alternative pizza recipes. If you decide to try out these pinwheels, let me know what you and your family think!
Tortilla Pizza Pinwheels are a quick and easy snack or meal idea that kids love.
- 8 Flour Tortillas
- ½ cup Pizza Sauce
- 8 oz. Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese room temp
- 5 oz. Mini Pepperoni
- 1 tbsp Parsley
In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese and pizza sauce.
Spread a layer of sauce over each of the tortillas.
Sprinkle a thin layer of cheese on next then followed by a sprinkle of parsley all over.
Place pepperoni’s all over each tortilla.
Gently roll up each tortilla as tight as you can. Refrigerate the rolls for about an hour.
Cut each of the rolls into pieces about 1-2 inches wide. Lay the little rollups down so you can see all the layers rolled up.
Serve with extra pizza sauce for dipping if you’d like. Delicious after school snack or lunch boxes!
You can change up the toppings in your Tortilla Pizza Pinwheels based on your family preferences.
- Butterfinger Teacher Appreciation Gift Tag Printable - March 30, 2023
- More Weight Watchers Changes in 2023 - March 25, 2023
- Printable Easter Bunny Note to Child - March 20, 2023
Leave a Reply