This Weight Watchers Roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe is perfect for any dinner and fancy enough for holidays too! I don't think we can have too many Weight Watchers recipes that feature vegetables. It is especially fun to find a recipe that is EASY too!
Weight Watchers Roasted Brussels Sprouts
I am going to be honest here and tell you that I am not a big fan of Brussels sprouts. Now roasted vegetables in general are high on my list of loves…but not really Brussels sprouts. Luckily for you I don't only post my favorite recipes, LOL. I know that lots of people love Brussels sprouts and will enjoy a healthy version like this Weight Watchers roasted Brussels sprouts.
I hope you are not as picky as I am!!
How to Make Weight Watchers Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Start off with preheating the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Take your baking sheet and cover with parchment paper.
- Grab a large Ziploc bag and fill the bag with Brussels sprouts that have been sliced in half.
- Pour a tablespoon of olive oil into the bag and shake it up to coat the brussels sprouts.
- Now place all the brussels sprouts onto the baking sheet and spread into a single layer.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes and then stir the sprouts around on the baking pan.
- Place back in the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes. Baking time will vary based on how “done” you like your roasted veggies. We like our veggies really DONE!
- When you remove the pan from the oven you can sprinkle some shredded Parmesan cheese on top if you would like to. It will be more points, but I think it is worth it!
Great Low Point Side Dish
These Weight Watchers Roasted Brussels Sprouts are low in points. If you do not add the Parmesan cheese this will be 1 Freestyle SmartPoint per 4 ounce serving. If you add the Parmesan cheese then it will be 3 Freestyle SmartPoints per 4 ounce serving.
On the current Weight Watchers Program (2023), it will be 3 points per serving if you follow the ingredients as written.
When it comes time to make dinner just figure how many points you have left and decide on the cheese then!
So Many Yummy Side Dishes
Weight Watchers side dishes are a great way to keep things fresh in the kitchen. A different side dish with that chicken recipe will change the whole dinner! One side dish we love is Weight Watchers Cheesy Cauliflower Rice…a great twist on rice!
Let me know what your favorite side dish is and what you think of these Weight Watchers roasted Brussels sprouts.
Weight Watchers Roasted Brussels Sprouts are a delicious and low point side dish that is perfect for a weeknight meal and fancy enough for a holiday table!
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Slice the fresh brussels sprouts in half and place in the large freezer bag.
Pour 1 tablespoons of olive oil into the freezer bag, seal and shake to coat.
Pour the brussels sprouts onto the prepared baking sheet and season with salt & pepper to taste.
Bake 10-15 minutes and then turn and stir.
Bake for another 10-15 minutes until they are done to your liking!
Remove from oven and garnish with shredded Parmesan cheese (optional).
Without the Parmesan cheese, this is 2 points per 4-ounce serving on all three myWW plans. With the Parmesan cheese, it is 3 points per 4-ounce serving on all three myWW plans.
On the current Weight Watchers Program (2023), it will be 3 points per serving.
If you add more than 1 tablespoon of olive oil, be sure to add the points!