These Italian Keto Stuffed Bell Peppers are perfect for anyone watching their carbs or anyone who loves an easy dinner recipe. Rice cauliflower is used instead of regular rice to keep the carbs and calories low. This is even a great recipe for people on the WW plan.
EASY WAY TO LOWER CARBS
There are quite a few easy ways to lower your carbohydrate intake without being fully on a keto or low-carb diet.
Simple suggestions and replacements can make a big impact on blood sugar levels and weight loss.
Here are some easy substitutions for common foods:
- Riced cauliflower is a great substitute for regular rice and even potatoes in some recipes
- Radishes can be used in the place of potatoes when cooked in a crockpot with seasonings
- If you love tortillas try buying the low-carb tortillas–some brands taste amazing
- Make baked goods with almond or coconut flour instead of regular flour. There are lots of recipes online.
- Greek yogurt can be used in many recipes in place of different high calories ingredients.
INGREDIENTS FOR LOW CARB STUFFED BELL PEPPERS
This recipe has simple ingredients and there are easy modifications that can be made for picky eaters.
- Bell Peppers
- Italian Sausage (use turkey sausage if you are on the WW plan)
- White Onion
- Riced Cauliflower
- Parmesan Cheese
- Basil Leaves
- Salt and Pepper
HOW TO MAKE ITALIAN KETO STUFFED BELL PEPPERS
Stuffed bell peppers are simple to make and have been an easy dinner recipe that has been popular for many years.
STEP ONE: COOK FILLING
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the Italian sausage until fully cooked.
Once the meat is cooked add in the chopped tomatoes, onion and riced cauliflower. Cook this for about 5 more minutes.
Add the Parmesan cheese and basil leaves and turn the heat down to low.
STEP TWO: PREPARE PEPPERS
While the mixture is simmering on the stove it is time to prepare the peppers.
Cut the tops of the bell peppers off and remove the seeds.
STEP THREE: STUFF PEPPERS
Now stuff the peppers with the meat and veggie filling.
Place the stuffed peppers in a baking dish.
STEP FOUR: BAKE
Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the peppers can easily be cut with a fork.
ITALIAN KETO STUFFED BELL PEPPERS RECIPE
You can download and print off the complete ingredients and instructions via the recipe card below for this delicious Italian Keto Stuffed Bell Peppers recipe.
These Italian Keto Stuffed Bell Peppers are a low carb dinner that the whole family will enjoy.
- 6 bell peppers any color
- 12 ounces Italian sausage or turkey sausage
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 2 cup riced cauliflower
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup basil leaves coarsely chopped or torn
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook Italian sausage in large skillet over medium heat.
Add in tomatoes, onion, and riced cauliflower.
Cook for 4-5 minutes.
Add in Parmesan cheese and basil leaves. Turn down to low heat while preparing peppers.
Cut tops off of the peppers and remove seeds. Stuff peppers with sausage and cauliflower rice filling.
Bake for 30-40 minutes or until peppers can easily be cut with a fork.
To find your WW PersonalPoints please click here.
WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS FOR ITALIAN STUFFED PEPPERS
If you make this recipe as it is written it is 7 points for the myWW Purple, Green and Blue plans.
If you change the regular Italian sausage and use a Jennie ground Italian turkey sausage it will only be 3 points for Purple, Green or Blue myWW plans. That is a great low point dinner and very filling!
To find your WW PersonalPoints you can click here.
If you are looking for some more great low carb recipes be sure to check these out:
Be sure to PIN this post for later!
- Cupid Cocoa(Pink Hot Chocolate) - November 29, 2022
- Weight Watchers Diabetes Zero Point Foods List Printable - November 14, 2022
- Weight Watchers Zero Point Foods List Free Printable - November 14, 2022