Mini Bell Pepper Taco Boats are low in carbs and addictive. Perfect for a meal, snack, or party appetizer. All the taco taste without all the carbohydrates!
There are many ways to add variety to these low-carb mini bell pepper taco boats.
- You can add different veggies to the top based on your taste preferences. Onions, scallions, lettuce, and jalapenos are a few ideas.
- You can use ground beef, ground turkey, or even ground chicken.
- Add toppings once they are baked, like sour cream, salsa, and jalapenos.
Ingredients for Mini Bell Pepper Taco Boats
- mini bell peppers
- ground beef, turkey, or chicken
- taco seasoning
- reduced-fat shredded cheese
- Other toppings as desired, such as olives, jalapenos, sour cream, lettuce
How to Make Mini Bell Pepper Taco Boats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown ground turkey.
- While the meat is browning, start cleaning and cutting the mini bell peppers. Cut the peppers in half lengthwise. Cut out the white rib area inside the pepper and rinse off any seeds.
- Once the meat has browned, add the taco seasoning and water and let the mixture simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place the cleaned and cut peppers on a baking sheet. Stuff each pepper with taco meat.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the peppers are tender. Remove from the oven and top with shredded cheese. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Once the taco boats are done baking, you can add other toppings as desired!
Weight Watchers Points
This recipe is also great for people following Weight Watchers. Bell Peppers are such a healthy vegetable.
The key to keeping this recipe low in points is to use 99% fat-free ground turkey and reduced-fat cheese. If you leave the cheese off, this will be a zero-point recipe.
I figured points WITH the cheese!
On the current Weight Watchers Program (2023), it is 4 points per serving. Divide the stuffed peppers evenly into 4 portions. One portion is a serving.
MINI BELL PEPPER TACO BOATS RECIPE
You can download and print off this delicious and healthy recipe via the recipe card below.
If you make this and love it, please leave a 5-star rating. It would mean a lot to me!
These mini bell pepper taco boats are perfect for a meal or party appetizer.
- 1 bag mini bell peppers
- 1 pound 99% fat-free ground turkey
- 1 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded cheese
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Brown the ground turkey in a skillet over medium-high heat.
While the meat is browning, prepare the bell peppers. Slice each pepper in half lengthwise. Remove the ribs and rinse out any seeds.
When the meat is done browning, add the taco seasoning to the skillet with 1/4 cup of water. Stir to combine, allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
Bake the taco boats for 15 to 20 minutes or until peppers have softened. Remove baking sheet from oven, and sprinkle cheese evenly over peppers. Bake for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
Remove from oven and top with salsa, sour cream, jalapenos or any other toppings you desire.
On the current Weight Watchers Program (2023), it is 4 points per serving.
Divide the pepper boats evenly into 4 portions. One portion is a serving.
Be sure to check out these other delicious bell pepper recipes: