If you are watching your carb intake then this Keto Lemon Mug Cake is a great solution to combat a sweet craving. This low carb mug cake is moist, delicious and only takes about 90 seconds to make.
WHAT IS MUG CAKE?
If you are not familiar with mug cakes it is time to learn all about them.
A mug cake is very simply just a cake made in a mug and cooked in the microwave.
The best part of a mug cake is that it satisfies the craving for cake without a bunch of time and hassle. If I have a whole cake sitting around I will end up eating a lot of cake!!
If I make a mug cake it is enough for me and then it is gone. These work great for people who live alone or who have 2 people in their home. This recipe is actually 2 servings, but I won't tell if you eat it all yourself, LOL.
INGREDIENTS FOR KETO LEMON MUG CAKE
The ingredients are pretty simple for this Keto Lemon Mug Cake. I LOVE lemon desserts!
HOW TO MAKE A KETO LEMON MUG CAKE
If you are following a low carb or Keto diet plan this is a great dessert option. It is full of good fat and protein. It gives you the sweet cake taste you are craving without all those pesky carbs.
- Start off by greasing a ramekin.
- Put the butter and cream cheese into the greased ramekin and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Now add the almond flour, erythritol, baking powder and egg into the ramekin and stir it all in the butter and cream cheese until well combined.
- Once well combined add in the vanilla and lemon juice and stir well.
- Place the ramekin back in the microwave and cook for 90 seconds or so. The time will vary based on your microwave's wattage. Add time in 10-15 second increments if needed to finish cooking the cake.
- When the cake is done, invert the ramekin onto a plate and serve warm! You can garnish with a fresh slice of lemon if desired.
KETO LEMON MUG CAKE RECIPE
I know you are anxious to make this easy Keto Lemon Mug Cake. You can download the complete ingredients and instructions via the recipe card below.
This Keto Lemon Mug Cake is easy to make and is loaded with good fats and protein.
- 4 tbsp Almond flour
- 2 oz. Cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp Butter unsalted
- 2 Tbsp Erythritol
- 1 large Egg
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
Grease a ramekin.
Place the butter and cream cheese into the ramekin, and heat for 30 seconds.
Place the almond flour, erythritol, baking powder, and egg into the ramekin with the melted butter and softened cream cheese. Stir to combine well.
Add the vanilla extract and lemon juice. Mix until combined.
Microwave the cake in the ramekin for 90 seconds. Depending on your microwave’s wattage, your cake may require 10-20 seconds of additional baking time.
Invert the ramekin onto a plate, and serve warm with fresh lemon zest for garnish if desired.
If you loved this Keto Lemon Mug Cake be sure to check out these other low carb recipes:
- Bacon Wrapped Sausage Jalapeno Poppers
- Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Low Carb Jalapeno Cheese Crisps
- Low Carb Meatloaf
Don't forget to PIN this recipe so you can make it again later!