Corn Dog Muffins are a great combination of hot dogs and corn muffins. I love that combo, but wanted to add a little heat to the mix! I started with Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix because it is quick and easy…and my husband loves the sweetness of Jiffy.
I think the Jiffy Corn Muffins can be a little dry…so I tried out some different combinations of ingredients and came up with a moist, spicy corn dog type muffin. I think this would be great for a Super Bowl party or really any kind of get together!
These are quick to make and warm up really well for leftovers. I actually ate these for lunch one day! It only took 20-30 seconds in the microwave and bam…a one muffin meal! 🙂
I know some people are very “anti” hot dogs…even all beef hot dogs. If that is the case you could substitute bacon or you could add more veggies instead.
You can add extra heat to these if you like a lot of spice. If you have a milder palate you can tame them down too!
I love recipes that are versatile and easy to make. This would also be fun made in mini muffin pans!
- 1 box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1-2 Tablespoons diced jalapenos according to how much heat you want
- 1 can fiesta corn drained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 2 all beef hot dogs or any hot dog of your choice cut into small pieces
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Grease muffin pan or use non-stick cooking spray.
Blend all ingredients together by hand in a bowl.
Allow batter to rest for 3-4 minutes.
Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
This will yield about 8 regular sized muffins. Feel free to double the recipe if you are making these for a crowd.
It may sound odd to add cottage cheese to the muffins, but you can't taste the cottage cheese and it makes the muffins very moist!
- Cupid Cocoa(Pink Hot Chocolate) - November 29, 2022
- Weight Watchers Diabetes Zero Point Foods List Printable - November 14, 2022
- Weight Watchers Zero Point Foods List Free Printable - November 14, 2022