Chicken is a staple for many people trying to lose weight. It is versatile….but it can get boring if you aren’t careful. I am always looking for good Weight Watchers recipes to change my chicken UP! I have found a new favorite with this Weight Watchers Chicken with Strawberry Balsamic Salsa. It is SO good and looks amazing on a plate…it would be perfect for serving to company.
Weight Watchers Chicken With Strawberry Balsamic Salsa
I have never been a big fan of combining fruit into a dish that isn’t sweet. The older I get the more I try things I didn’t used to like and I am finding the combination is actually delicious. This recipe is full of nutritious ingredients and is bright and cheery too!
I was so excited when a member of my Weight Watchers Freestyle Recipes, Ideas and Motivation Facebook Group, Aide Ayala, gave me permission to use her recipe on my blog! She posted about this recipe in the group and I knew everyone would love it!!
Ingredients Needed for Weight Watchers Chicken with Strawberry Balsamic Salsa
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
For the Strawberry Balsamic Salsa:
16 oz strawberries chopped small—approx 3 cups chopped
1 Tbsp soy glaze
3 scallions finely chopped
1 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro
1 jalapeno finely chopped (without seeds)
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
How to Make Weight Watchers Chicken with Strawberry Balsamic Salsa
First bake or grill the chicken breasts. While they are cooking you can chop up the strawberries, jalapeno and scallions.
Combine all the salsa ingredients in a bowl and stir.
As soon as the chicken is done put ¼ of the salsa on top of each breast.
Easy, Beautiful Meal
This is a really easy way to change-up your chicken. It doesn’t take very much time to add a topping to the chicken and it changes the whole flavor of the dish.
If you don’t like heat you can always leave out the jalapenos or put less in the salsa. I think the sweet heat combo is amazing though!
Only 1 Freestyle SmartPoint per Serving
This amazing recipe is only 1 freestyle smartpoint per serving…which is one chicken breast and 1/4 of the salsa. YUM!!
If you love chicken and need more ideas be sure to check out this Comfort Foods Cookbook. It has some great chicken recipes all with freestyle points!
What is on your menu this week? If you need some more ideas….grab a free menu plan right HERE.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 16 oz strawberries chopped small—approx 3 cups chopped
- 1 Tbsp soy glaze
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar or Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 scallions finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped (without seeds)
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- First bake or grill the chicken breasts.
- While they are cooking you can chop up the strawberries, jalapeno and scallions.
- Combine all the salsa ingredients in a bowl and stir.
- As soon as the chicken is done put ¼ of the salsa on top of each breast.
- Yields 4 servings. Each serving is 1 Freestyle Smartpoint each.