I LOVE blogs….which is why I wanted to start blogging. One thing I love about blogs is that feeling of really getting to know the blogger personally….even if we never meet in person!! I have shared some personal posts over the past 15 months and you can always read my ABOUT ME page, but I figured it was time for some less newsworthy information! So here are 25 things you may not know about me….
25 Things You May Not Know About Me
- I stink at math….like horribly! I can do all the basic stuff…but when you add in those letters or even fractions…I AM LOST! Luckily I married a man who is great with numbers and he can help the kids with their math homework, LOL!
- I am a big fan of organ donation and would willingly donate my own organs….except for my eyes. I just can't donate my eyes….they are the window to the soul. (my husband has had to swear to me he won't donate my eyes)
- I don't care anything about Valentine's Day and don't expect or even want my husband to acknowledge it or get me anything!
- I have lived in Kansas all my life except for one semester of college where I attended in Oklahoma.
- I have always loved to read, but especially when I was in middle and high school…you know before kids and responsibilities. I kept a “reading journal” of every book I read during those years! It has about 350 books listed in it!!
- My husband and I have known each other since we were in preschool, but never dated until we were in our early 20's! You can read more about our story HERE.
- I have been a nail bitter since I got teeth….I mean a BAD nail bitter….like bleeding, sore, tiny, ugly nails. It is my worst habit!
- I spent a month in Albania on a mission trip one summer during college and it changed so many things about me!
- I have an obsession with buttons….I have literally THOUSANDS of buttons…..in jars in my craft room. My kids think I am a tad on the crazy side….and call me the crazy button lady when I come home from garage sales totally psyched about finding more buttons!
- I was adopted at 3 days old….you can read my adoption story HERE.
- I had a nervous habit as a child….giggling. I ruined many a school and church music program because I would get nervous and laugh uncontrollably the whole time.
- I cannot stand being late…especially to a meeting or event. I will actually miss an event rather than walk in late.
- My bucket list is VERY short….like 1 item short….my only real goal is to travel as much as I can and see the amazing world God made! No jumping out of airplanes for me….I will just fly on a plane for trips!
- I love musical theater and my absolute favorite show is Phantom of the Opera. I saw it for the first time in Switzerland.
- I have four amazing children and one baby in heaven that we lost at 12 weeks along. That pregnancy loss changed me forever….you can read about that day HERE.
- I HATE onions…..I can sense if an onion is anywhere near my food. I can honestly say that in over 18 years of marriage…I have never bought an onion!
- I backpacked around Europe by myself when I was 20 years old and it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life!
- I don't believe that everything happens for a reason….and yes I am a Christian!! One day I will write about why…
- I love to make up nonsense words and had a silly name for my brother when we were kids that I still call him occasionally!
- I like to go to bed early….I love to sleep! I am actually really mean when I don't get enough sleep…just ask those people closest to me, LOL!
- My feet got bigger after having kids and my hair got curlier with each one of my kids!
- I do not have any tattoos, but would like to get one on my foot one day. (yes, I have heard that is a painful location and sorry dad….know you aren't big on that!)
- My probably all-time favorite song ever is Ironic by Alanis Morrissette….because I have a thing for irony! Luckily my husband does too and we get each other when it comes to irony!
- Becoming a mother changed me in some really profound ways that I never expected! It is the hardest yet most rewarding job I have ever had or will ever have!
- One of my biggest regrets is not spending more time with my grandparents….taking for granted that they would always be here! You can read about my Grammy HERE to see why I still miss her everyday!
Okay…so I have spilled some beans about myself…well only 25 things you may not know about me, LOL…I would love to get to know you better as well! I am always so excited to get emails from readers and correspond on social media! Let me know what kind of posts you would like to see more of….I want to hear from YOU! 🙂 Sign up to get my weekly updates so you don't miss any of my craziness!