These free printable Christmas tree coloring pages will get your children in the Christmas spirit for sure. The fact that these are free printable coloring pages will make mom happy too! No need to add anything else to the budget during the holiday season!
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT CHRISTMAS TREES
While your children color Christmas trees it would be a great time to share some interesting facts about the history of the Christmas tree. I love learning WHY we have certain traditions and what they mean to other people.
Here are some tidbits about the Christmas tree for kids:
- People were using evergreen trees to celebrate the winter season even before the birth of Jesus Christ.
- The first Christmas tree lot was in New York and was owned by Mark Carr in 1851.
- Latvia was the first country with a decorated Christmas tree all the way back in 1510.
- Germany was recorded as the first place to call a decorated evergreen tree a Christmas tree back in 1531.
- The US has over 15,000 Christmas tree farms around the country.
- People have been using small lit candles to decorate Christmas trees as far back as the 17th century.
- Edward Johnson (Thomas Edison's assistant) had the idea to use electric lights on Christmas trees back in 1882.
- Germany was the first place to use an artificial tree. It was made out of goose feathers!
- Rockefeller Center began its Christmas tree tradition back in 1933.
- It can take between 4-15 years for an evergreen tree to grow to be 6-7 feet tall.
- Evergreen trees are seen as a symbol of fertility.
- The first Christmas tree ornaments were sold by Woolworths in 1880.
CHRISTMAS TREE DECORATING TRADITIONS
What Christmas tree decorating traditions does your family have? We always make an evening of it and I try to make it fun and special. My family knows that I like to put my tree up before Thanksgiving!
Here are some fun ways to make decorating the Christmas tree special:
- Put on some Christmas music while you decorate.
- Watch a fun Christmas movie after you finish the tree….our all-time favorite is Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.
- Make a special dinner…either something easy like PIZZA that everyone likes or something new like Taco Spaghetti!
- Buy each child a new ornament every year and label the ornament with the year you bought it!
- Take turns letting different family members be the one to put the tree topper on the tree.
- Do Christmas tree themed crafts and color these Christmas tree coloring pages!
FREE PRINTABLE CHRISTMAS TREE COLORING PAGES
I have two different Christmas tree coloring pages for you to download and print off for your own personal home use.
You can click this link or the image below to download and print: Christmas Tree Coloring Pages
If you liked these free printable Christmas tree color sheets be sure to check out these other great printables:
Be sure to SHARE this post with your friends so they can come by and print some off too! What are your favorite Christmas tree traditions??
- Unique Fun Christmas Gifts for Tween Girls in 2023 - October 31, 2023
- Weight Watchers Skinny Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken - September 22, 2023
- Fun and Easy Ghost Halloween Popcorn Balls Recipe - September 20, 2023