Red White and Blue Patriotic Slime is a fun activity for kids during the Memorial Day and 4th of July holidays. This beautiful, borax-free free slime is actually taste-safe so it is a great choice for younger children.
WHAT IS TASTE-SAFE SLIME?
If you haven't heard of taste-safe slime it is a version of slime that is safe for young children. The ingredients included in taste-safe slime are natural and non-toxic.
Many slime recipes include glue, borax, and sometimes contact solution. My older daughter does make slime with these ingredients, but it isn't safe to give to young children who may put the slime in their mouths.
Taste-safe slimes have a little bit of different texture, but they are still just as fun to play with.
Remember that although this slime recipe is safe to ingest, it doesn't taste very good, so there is little concern that kids will want to eat it all up!
SUPPLIES FOR PATRIOTIC SLIME
My older daughter makes all kinds of slime recipes with different ingredients. It is nice to have options that are safer for my younger daughter too. This patriotic slime contains only safe ingredients.
- White Chocolate Instant Pudding Mix
- Red Food Coloring
- Blue Food Coloring
HOW TO MAKE PATRIOTIC SLIME
Did I mention this slime smells good due to the pudding mix? Yum! It is safe to taste this slime, but it doesn't taste good, LOL.
STEP ONE: MIX PUDDING AND CORNSTARCH
In a medium bowl, combine the instant pudding mix and the cornstarch together with a spoon.
STEP TWO: ADD WATER
Now add the water to the bowl and stir quickly. Break up any clumps you see with a spoon.
This will create a crumbly dough as you stir it. Use your hands to mix and it will form a slime in a little while.
If the slime is too crumbly or dry just add about a teaspoon of water at a time until it is the right consistency for slime.
If the slime is too watery you can add back in equal parts of pudding mix and cornstarch until it reaches slime consistency.
STEP THREE: SEPARATE
Once the slime is the right consistency separate it into three equal parts in 3 small separate bowls.
STEP FOUR: ADD COLOR
Add a few drops of red food coloring to one bowl and mix it in until it is the color you desire.
Do the same with the blue food coloring.
Leave the third bowl alone since it is already white.
STEP FIVE: COMBINE COLORS
Now you can combine the colors if you chose to. It is fun to braid the colors or twist them together.
Store the patriotic slime in an airtight container when you aren't playing with it so it lasts longer.
RED WHITE AND BLUE PATRIOTIC SLIME RECIPE
You can print off the complete supply list and instructions for this red white and blue patriotic slime via the card below.
This red white and blue patriotic slime is borax-free and is taste-safe for younger children. 1. Add the white chocolate instant pudding mix (instant only, do nor use stovetop pudding mix) and cornstarch into your bowl. Mix the dry ingredients well. Store in an airtight container when not in use.
Red White and Blue Patriotic Slime
2. Add water and stir quickly. If you notice any clumping, simply Break clumps with a spoon.
3. A crumbly dough will start to form. Use your hands to mix and form the slime.
4. If your slime too dry or even clumpy, it may need a little more water. Just add a teaspoon of water at a time until you get the slime consistency.
5. If your slime is too watery, add in equal parts of pudding mix and corn starch until it thickens.
6. Separate the slime into 3 portions and place in separate bowls. Add a few drops of blue food coloring to one portion, a few drops of red to the other, and leave the third portion white. Mix each portion well until the color is mixed.
7. You can now combine your 3 different colors. It is best to roll each into a snake shape then twist or braid them together. This will give them the nice swirl coloring!
This red white and blue patriotic slime is borax-free and is taste-safe for younger children.
1. Add the white chocolate instant pudding mix (instant only, do nor use stovetop pudding mix) and cornstarch into your bowl. Mix the dry ingredients well.
Store in an airtight container when not in use.
- Rainbow Slime
- Glittery Fall Slime with Leaves
- Borax Free Slime for Back to School
- DIY Bubble Gum Slime
Be sure to PIN this for later!
- 35 Summer Chicken Crock Pot Recipes You Will Love - June 8, 2023
- Ultimate Summer Camp Packing List for Kids (Free) - June 5, 2023
- Free Printable Worm Coloring Page - May 31, 2023
This looks like a fun craft for Memorial Day for kids. Thanks for the idea. I am pinning it now.