Weight Watchers Baked Breakfast Taquitos
Ingredients Needed for Weight Watchers Baked Breakfast Taquitos
How to Make Weight Watchers Baked Breakfast Taquitos
There are lots of easy modifications for these breakfast taquitos. I personally will leave out the onion and add more spinach or pepper. Using the diced jalapenos is a must for me because I like them spicy.
Be careful about adding cheese, sour cream, etc. because they will really increase the points for each taquito.
Baked Breakfast Taquitos Only 2.3 SmartPoints Each
So this entire recipe has 23 SmartPoints based on the ingredients I used. It is important to grab the 6 inch corn tortillas…because the 8 inch are higher in points.
When I divide the recipe by 10…it is 2.3 SmartPoints or 2 Freestyle SmartPoints per taquito. That isn’t bad at all!! Dip this in some zero points salsa and it is a great snack too.
Cool Kitchen Tools
I am always interested in ways I can save time in the kitchen!! Here are some really COOL kitchen tools to save time and effort.
- Kitchen IQ Pepper Tool
- Pepper Roasting Rack—this is perfect for when I make my Bacon Wrapped Sausage Jalapeno Poppers
- Jalapeno Pepper Corer Tool
- Tortilla Server
Be sure to sign up for my newsletter so you can get the latest Weight Watchers posts right to your inbox!
- 10 corn tortillas (6 inch)
- 3 eggs, scrambled
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 1 green onion, sliced thin
- 1-2 tablespoons minced jalapeno (optional)
- First preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Next grab a baking dish and spray it with nonstick spray. Then set it aside.
- Go ahead and scramble your eggs if you haven't already done that.
- Microwave the corn tortillas for 1 minute to soften them up.
- Mix together the scrambled eggs and remaining ingredients to make the filling.
- Spoon about a tablespoon or so of filling mixture onto the bottom edge of a heated corn tortilla.
- Wrap the corn tortilla tightly upward around the filling.
- Place the seam side down onto the prepared baking dish. Keep up this process with the remaining corn tortillas and filling until you get all the tortillas filled and rolled.
- Bake until taquitos are crisp which is usually about 12-15 minutes. Serve hot!
- There are 2 Freestyle SmartPoints per taquito. These are great served with salsa!