My husband decided we needed a pressure cooker last month and I finally got around to figuring it out! So far I am LOVING IT! I made this homemade macaroni and cheese in the pressure cooker and was so impressed with how it turned out!
I found a recipe for Homemade Macaroni and Cheese for the Pressure Cooker over on Hub Pages and decided to give it a try…YUMMY! I thought this Homemade Macaroni and Cheese was amazing! It was definitely the best macaroni and cheese I have ever made!
The pressure cooker cooked this up so fast….and I don’t know why…but it seemed to be infused with flavor! I guess that is just part of the joy of pressure cookers, lol! This recipe fits right in with my other family friendly electric pressure cooker recipes!
Ingredients for Homemade Macaroni and Cheese in the Pressure Cooker
2 1/2 cups elbow macaroni
1 cup heavy cream
2 cups chicken stock
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon butter
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
How to Make Homemade Macaroni and Cheese in the Pressure Cooker
First you will place your elbow macaroni, chicken stock, heavy cream, salt and pepper into your pressure cooker pot. Set your pressure cooker to cook on high for 7 minutes.
When the timer goes off, let the steam out of the pressure cooker based on your specific machine’s directions.
Add in the butter, milk and cheeses, stir and ENJOY!
This recipe is based on using an electric pressure cooker. If you have the older style pressure cooker you may have to adjust cooking times, etc.
It completely shocked me that in 7 minutes I had an amazingly creamy and delicious Homemade Macaroni and Cheese side dish!
Do you have a pressure cooker? I would love to hear what you love to cook in the pressure cooker!
Be sure to check out some of my other pressure cooker recipes below…just click the images!
- 2 1/2 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- First you will place your elbow macaroni, chicken stock, heavy cream, salt and pepper into your pressure cooker pot. Set your pressure cooker to cook on high for 7 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, let the steam out of the pressure cooker based on your specific machine's directions.
- Add in the butter, milk and cheeses, stir and ENJOY!
- This recipe is for use in an electric pressure cooker...if you have an older style pressure cooker...you may have to adjust cooking times, etc.