Lady Bug Strawberries are an adorable snack idea for spring and summer. This fruit snack is easy for kids to help make and the little edible lady bugs look pretty on a platter.
WHAT ARE LADY BUG STRAWBERRIES?
Lady Bug Strawberries are just a simple fruit snack that has been made to look like a lady bug!
Kids love snacks that resemble bugs and animals. This is a fun way to use up an abundance of strawberries in your refrigerator.
I seem to always have edible eyeball candy on hand and they make this project fast and easy!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR LADY BUG STRAWBERRY SNACKS
There are only four food ingredients in this easy recipe. I love to stock up on strawberries when they start going on sale during the late spring and summer.
There are times we aren't eating them as fast as we need to and these Lady Bug Strawberries are a way to guarantee they will not be wasted.
- Edible Candy Eyes
- Chocolate Chips
- Coconut Oil
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY LADY BUGS
I love quick and easy snack ideas that make my kids smile! These Lady Bug Strawberries are perfect especially since most kids have a fascination with lady bugs!
- First clean the strawberries and cut the tops off.
- Pat the strawberries down with a clean paper towel and lay them out on a small baking sheet that has been lined with wax paper.
- Place the chocolate chips and coconut oil into a small bowl that is microwave safe. Microwave for 30 seconds and then stir. Continue to microwave in 30 second intervals until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Take each strawberry and dip the pointy end in the chocolate. Cover about half of the strawberry with chocolate.
- Place the strawberry on the wax paper and allow to sit for about 2 minutes and then put 2 candy eyes on. Hold the eyes in place for a little bit until they start to hold on their own and harden into place.
- Repeat this process for all the strawberries.
- It is time to take the remaining melted chocolate and pour it into a piping bag or into a ziplock bag. If using a ziplock bag just snip off the corner and use it as a piping bag.
- Draw a line down the center of strawberry and then make little chocolate dots on the back of the “lady bug”.
- Allow these to sit in the refrigerator to set up for about 20 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate any leftovers in a covered container.
LADY BUG STRAWBERRIES RECIPE
I know you are excited to get these made for your family or party. You can download the complete recipe list and instructions via the recipe card below.
These Lady Bug Strawberries are a delightful fruit snack that resemble little lady bugs. These are easy to make and kids love them!
- 12 Strawberries
- 24 Wilton candy eyes
- ½ cup Chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp Coconut oil
Clean and cut the tops off of your strawberries
Pat dry with clean paper towl and place on a small baking sheet covered with wax paper
Place the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and melt for 30 seconds. Stir and if the chocolate is not completely melted put in for another 30 seconds until melted, stirring in between.
After the chocolate is melted, take each strawberry and dip the pointed end into the chocolate, covering about halfway up the berry. Let sit for about 2 minutes and place the eyes on. You may have to hold them for a few seconds for them to hold.
Continue with the other berries.
Next, take the remaining chocolate and place in a ziplock bag and cut a small hole in the corner.
Draw a line down the middle of the berries and make chocolate dots.
Let sit in the fridge for 10-15 minutes before serving.
This recipe makes 12 Lady Bug Strawberries.
If you liked this recipe be sure to check these other ideas out:
Be sure to PIN this post so you can come back and make these again and again!
- 35 Summer Chicken Crock Pot Recipes You Will Love - June 8, 2023
- Ultimate Summer Camp Packing List for Kids (Free) - June 5, 2023
- Free Printable Worm Coloring Page - May 31, 2023
Leave a Reply