Lemon Blueberry Bread is as amazing as it sounds. Sweet bread recipes are some of my favorites and this one is sure to please any crowd this spring.
LEMON BLUEBERRY BREAD
There is something about the combination of lemons and blueberries that just creates magic. It is a wonderful flavor for spring too. Of course I am willing to eat sweet breads anytime of year, LOL.
This Lemon Blueberry Bread recipe will be hard to resist once you make it once.
HOW TO MAKE LEMON BLUEBERRY BREAD
Making sweet breads is generally easy to do. This is a one bowl recipe and I love not having to dirty up a ton of dishes when I make dessert!
- Start off by preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a loaf pan by spraying it with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar together. Then mix in the eggs and the lemon zest.
- Now fold in the flour and ground almonds.
- Stir in the lemon juice and the blueberries.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared loaf pan.
- Add a sprinkling of blueberries over the top of the batter, if desired.
- Bake for one hour or until it is done in the center. You can check for doneness with a toothpick.
- While the lemon blueberry bread is baking you can make a glaze. This is optional, but so good! Just combine the extra lemon juice and powdered sugar and mix well. You want the glaze to be fairly thin and it is fine to add more lemon juice until you get the consistency you want.
- The glaze can be poured over the top of the loaf while it is in the pan or you can wait and pour over the bread after it is sliced.
LEMON BLUEBERRY BREAD RECIPE
You can download and print off this Lemon Blueberry Bread recipe below on the recipe card. It has the full ingredients and instructions.
Lemon Blueberry Bread is a delicious sweet bread recipe that is perfect for spring. This moist bread is wonderful on a platter.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Cream together the butter and sugar and then add in the beaten eggs. Add in the lemon zest.
Fold in flour and ground almonds and then stir in the lemon juice and blueberries.
Pour into loaf pan, scattering a few extra berries over the top.
Bake for one hour, checking for doneness with a toothpick.
Mix lemon juice and powdered sugar to make a glaze, Add additional lemon juice if a thinner glaze is desired.
Cut into 8 slices. Store extra bread in an airtight container.
If you like sweet bread be sure to check out these recipes:
Be sure to PIN this Lemon Blueberry Bread recipe so you can make it again in the future!