Jalapeno Popper Cheese Balls are so tasty and even better when they come in mini bite-sized sizes! This is a quick finger food that can be made up ahead of time. Perfect for parties, Super Bowl festivities or just for a snack.
WHAT IS A CHEESE BALL?
Cheese balls have been around for a long time and have a base ingredient of…you guessed it…CHEESE! There are TONS of variations for cheese balls.
Most have a base of spreadable cheeses, like cream cheese. Then other cheeses, spices and ingredients are added to the cheese to bring flavor and sometimes crunch.
Many cheese balls are rolled in chopped nuts.
Sweet cheese balls are also popular now!
WHAT DO YOU SERVE WITH A CHEESE BALL?
Cheese balls are traditionally served with crackers.
Luckily, we aren't limited to just crackers. Chips and vegetables are also great choices to pair with these Mini Jalapeno Popper Cheese Balls.
Here are some ideas of foods to serve with a cheese ball:
- Toasted Mini Bagels
- Raw Vegetables like carrot sticks, celery, cauliflower florets
- Pita bread
- Mini rice cakes
- Fruit slices like apples or pears
TIPS FOR THE BEST CHEESE BALL
Cheese balls are so easy to make and once you find a recipe you really like, it will become a favorite party food.
I love appetizers I can make up ahead of time and that last a while. This is the best appetizer because it takes the stress out of cooking right before a party.
Here are some tips for making the best cheese balls in town:
- Make up the cheese balls and store them in the refrigerator. If I make a large cheese ball I like to wrap the ball tightly in Saran Wrap and then put it in a covered dish. When I make mini jalapeno popper cheese balls I keep them stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Be sure to mix the ingredients well so the flavors are evenly dispersed. I love using my Kitchen-Aid mixer for this part of the job.
- If you keep the cheese ball properly covered in the refrigerator, it can last up to 2 weeks!
- If you are making the cheese ball the same day as the event, be sure to make it early so it has time to chill in the refrigator for at least a few hours. This will help it become firm and hold it's shape.
- Be sure the cream cheese is softened before mixing the other ingredients in.
- Make sure the chopped pecans are finely chopped.
INGREDIENTS FOR JALAPENO POPPER CHEESE BALLS
I love the heat and flavors of mini jalapeno popper cheese balls. You can adjust the heat up or down depending on your preferences.
- Cream Cheese
- Diced Jalapenos
- Garlic Salt
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cheddar Cheese
- Chopped Pecans
HOW TO MAKE MINI JALAPENO POPPER CHEESE BALLS
If you prefer to make ONE big cheese ball, feel free. I like bite-sized foods for parties so chose to make these mini cheese balls instead!
STEP ONE: BLEND INGREDIENTS
Start off by combining all the ingredients except the nuts into a large mixing bowl. Be sure the cream cheese is softened. If you forgot to sit it out to soften, then try these steps to quickly soften it.
Mix the ingredients until they are well-combined.
STEP TWO: MAKE MINI CHEESE BALLS
Now roll the cheese mixture into small balls. You can decide how big or small you want these mini jalapeno popper cheeseballs.
I think 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture is just about right.
If for some reason your cheese mixture is too soft to roll into balls…just place the mixing bowl in the refrigerator to chill for an hour and then try again!
STEP THREE: ROLL IN NUTS
Now roll each mini cheese ball in nuts to coat the whole cheese ball.
STEP FOUR: CHILL
Place the finished jalapeno popper cheese balls onto a baking sheet and place in the refrigerator to chill for a few hours before serving.
Store any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
MINI JALAPENO POPPER CHEESE BALLS RECIPE
You can make these delicious mini cheese balls easily when you print off the complete ingredients and instructions via the recipe card below.
If you make this recipe and love it…please come back and give it a 5-Star rating. It would mean a LOT to me!
Mini Jalapeno Popper Cheese Balls are a spicy, delicious party treat! A finger food that won't stay on the platter and can be made up ahead of time.
- 8 ounces cream cheese 8 oz
- 4 ounce diced jalapenos drained of all extra liquid
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Crackers optional for serving
In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients except the nuts. Mix until well-combined.
Roll cheese mixture into small balls.
Roll each ball in the nuts to cover well.
Place on platter and chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
Serve with crackers, pretzels, chips as desired.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks in a covered, airtight container.
If you loved this appetizer recipe, be sure to check out these ideas:
Be sure to PIN this for later and SHARE on Facebook!
- More Weight Watchers Changes in 2023 - March 25, 2023
- Printable Easter Bunny Note to Child - March 20, 2023
- Easter Egg Filler Ideas for Adults - March 13, 2023
Heather (Brie Brie Blooms) says
Oh wow, these look amazing! #client